Relax at tax time with our no-cost tax preparation services.
Filing tax returns is no one’s idea of fun, but it’s especially stressful when money is tight. Turn to Accounting Aid Society for no-cost tax preparation to give you more peace of mind about your return.
Michigan Home Heating Credit (HHC)
This tax credit reduces the amount of taxes you pay to help reimburse you for the cost of heating your home.
You may qualify for the HHC if:
- You are a Michigan homeowner or renter
- Your household meets the income guidelines
- You were not a full-time student who was claimed as a dependent on another person’s return
- You did not live in college or university operated housing, or a licensed care facility for the entire year
- More eligibility details here
The deadline to apply for the HHC is generally in September. Contact us to ask about eligibility and help with forms.
Detroit Homeowners Property Exemption (HOPE) Services available May-November
If you qualify for this exemption, you’ll be excused from paying some or all of your property taxes.
Eligibility is based on whether you own and occupy your home as your primary residence and your household income or circumstances.
The deadline for HOPE November 1, 2024. Contact us to ask about eligibility and help with forms.