We use taxes to build trust — and brighter financial futures.
Since 1972, we have helped low- and moderate-income residents of southeast Michigan with tax preparation services and education. Through these services, we connect with clients and build a foundation of trust and confidence. This foundation becomes the first step in building better financial futures, encouraging entrepreneurship, and strengthening Michigan’s workforce.
About Accounting Aid Society
- Secured $455 million in tax refunds for individuals and small businesses in Wayne, Oakland, Macomb, and Livingston Counties
- The only provider of no-cost tax preparation services to low- and moderate-income taxpayers in Michigan
- The only provider of the unique small business services and low-income tax clinic services we offer
- Crain’s Best Managed Nonprofit (2008 and 2020)
- Corp! Magazine 2022 Diversity Champion
- 2017 Michigan Governor’s Service Award for Outstanding Volunteer Program
- 2016 Bank of America Neighborhood Builder
Taxes are only the beginning.
We believe everyone should have access to trustworthy tax preparation services and advice. For our clients, who are underserved and often struggling to make ends meet, even one small mistake on their tax return could deprive them of refunds they need and deserve. By guiding them throughout the tax process, we empower our clients to not only take charge of their taxes, but also to take control of all their finances.