Self-Service Tax Help
It is free, easy to use and trusted.
Our own Marshall Hunt explains why you should consider self-service in this short video.
TurboTax Freedom Edition (INCLUDES CITY RETURNS)
– Adjusted gross income (AGI) of $33,000 or less ($64,000 for active military), or for anyone who qualifies for an Earned Income Tax Credit
– Free online filing of federal, state and city taxes
– Need assistance? Hotline help is available Mondays and Wednesdays from 12:30 p.m. to 6 p.m. at 313-556-1920, ext. 1014.
H&R Block Online via MyFreeTaxes (DOES NOT INCLUDE CITY RETURNS)
– Incomes less than $64,000
– Free filing of federal and state taxes
– Need assistance? For federal tax law questions, call 855-MY-TX-HELP (855-69-89-4357) Mondays-Fridays from 10 a.m. to 10 p.m., or Saturdays from noon to 9 p.m. For state questions, call 313-556-1920, ext. 1014 Mondays and Wednesdays from 12:30 p.m. to 6 p.m.